Application and topic 2023
Instructions to apply for a doctoral contract :
Thesis topics that are likely to be financed by a doctoral contract are shown in "topics 2023 " section. This table returns via links to the laboratories, where the descriptions and supervisors of the topics are displayed.
If you are interested by a topic, you must contact the thesis supervisor. If he agrees to supervise you subject to funding, you must full-fill the application file and send it completed to this thesis supervisor.
Only complete applications will be processed.
This file will serve as the basis for the examination of your application by the committee of the Graduate School.
Required Diplomas :
The candidate must hold a national master's degree or another degree conferring the grade of master, in accordance with article 11 of the decree of May 25, 2016 relating to doctoral training.
Application Review Criteria:
- Academic level:
The candidate must hold a national master's degree or another degree conferring the grade of master, following a course of training or professional experience establishing his or her aptitude for research or request to benefit from a waiver in accordance with Article 11 of the Decree of May 25, 2016 on doctoral training.
Any candidate for the preparation of a doctorate must demonstrate the excellence of his or her previous academic career and an aptitude for research. He/she must have at least obtained all the M1 and M2 modules in the first session and must be well ranked within his/her promotion.
- Suitability of the candidate's profile to the subject:
The candidate must demonstrate that his/her profile is appropriate to the subject through
- his or her research experience in an academic or industrial environment
- his or her training
- letters of recommendation.
- Motivation of the candidate:
The candidate must write a targeted and well-founded letter of motivation.
Calendar 2023 :
- February 15 : Posting of 2023 thesis topics
- May 11 : Deadline for the transmission by supervisors, to unit directors and DEDs, of the files of selected candidates
- May 31 : Deadline for holding the domain committees, and reporting of the rankings by the DEDs to the Graduate School administrative staff
- June 01 : Graduate School exective meeting
- June 02 : Council of the Graduate School for the allocation of allowances 1st session.
Nature and duration of the contract :
The doctoral contract is a fixed-term contract signed between the establishment and the PhD student in order to allow the latter to devote himself fully and exclusively to his research work for the preparation of his thesis. Its duration is three years, it is subject to a condition of annual re-registration.
The minimum monthly remuneration for contractual doctoral students is set as follows:
- from 1st January 2023: 2,044.12 euros gross
- from 1st January 2024: 2,100 euros gross
- from 1st January 2025: 2,200 euros gross
- from 1st January 2026: 2,300 euros gross.
Official text on doctoral contract