How to obtain Residence permit with ULille and MADIS

Before registration at MADIS via ADUM, Doctoral candidates of CERI-SN, CRIStAL and INRIA must have given the application form for a ZRR access demand to their unit research.

Before applying to MADIS by ADUM, candidates from the GEMTEX and PAINLEVE laboratories who are not nationals of the Schengen area must obtain a favorable opinion from the Defense Security Officer.

PhD at Université de Lille :

IMPORTANT: Information about renewing your residence permit!

Your residence permit will expire before 31/08/2023 (August 31st 2023) ?
Don't waste any time! Here are the steps to follow...

If you are in this situation, it's really important that you follow these steps carefully, and that you are careful about respecting the deadlines and dates. If you are late or forget a step, your request could be closed and your renewal cancelled!

      1) ANEF

Go to the ANEF platform and chose the option "I am renewing a residence permit". This step must be completed between the 4th and 2nd month prior to the expiration of your residence permit. (For example, if your permit expires on August 15, you must apply between April 15 and June 14.)

      2) I haven't received my 2023-2024 enrollment certificate yet... and now?

Don't panic! Proceed with submitting your application to ANEF regardless.
To ensure proper submission:


  • Upload all the required documents.
  • Under the "Results" category, provide a certificate specifying the date when the results for the academic year 2022-2023 will be announced.
  • If you don't have this certificate, request it from your pedagogical secretariat.
  • In the "For the attention of the administration" section, specify that you are requesting a certificate of extension of rights to complete the current academic year.

You will then receive a certificate of extension of rights, granting you an additional three months to stay in France while awaiting your 2023-2024 school certificate and current year's results (2022-2023).

Please note that your residence permit request will not be processed until you provide these documents.

      3) Great news, I have received my school certificate!

Don't waste any time! Once you have received your 2023-2024 school certificate, get in touch with the Maison Internationale:

  • Come and visit in person at Building A4 - Campus Cité Scientifique (Metro 4 Cantons Stade Pierre Mauroy).
  • Email us at titredesejouruniv-lillefr, using the subject line: SURNAME First name / Foreign number / School certificate 2023-2024.


This step is crucial as the Maison Internationale will be responsible for forwarding the names of affected students to the Prefecture.

      4) Reactivation of my residence permit request

Once the Prefecture receives the message from the Maison Internationale, your request will be reactivated, and you will receive a notification on your ANEF account. It's important to promptly submit your 2023-2024 school certificate and 2022-2023 results.
If necessary, your certificate of rights extension will be renewed until you receive your new residence permit.


If you have any doubts, questions, or issues, please don't hesitate to contact the Maison Internationale! We are available every weekday, Monday to Friday, from 8:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.